OFFICIAL RULES FOR ARTISTS
Official Rules for Artists and Voting
Eligibility: Anyone is eligible to enter Art & Soul of the Magic Valley. Students entering the Youth Competition must have signed, written permission from a parent or guardian.
Artist: An art entry may be made by a solo artist or by a group of collaborative artists. All artists, whether individual or collaborative, are subject to the rules of the contest.
Entry: Each artist or group may submit only one entry. An entry may involve multiple pieces with a common theme. Each entry will pay a one-time non-refundable entry fee.
Installation: Artist must coordinate installation of entry with the Venue or its designee. All entries must be installed by midnight on June 20, 2020 unless written approval has been given to the artist by the Art & Soul Organizing Committee.
Voting: Entries will be judged by public vote. The public must register to vote at the Magic Valley Arts Council, 195 River Vista Pl., Twin Falls, ID during the contest dates. Each voter will be instructed to cast votes for their favorite entry in each of the sixteen (16) categories or cast a vote for sixteen (16) entries. Voters may select to vote online or return registered ballots to the Magic Valley Arts Council prior to contest closing.
Winner Selection: The voting process will determine the winners based on the number of votes each artist receives. Winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony on July 24, 2020.
Specific Rules For Artists:
- The entry must be shown in a registered contest Venue and the artist must be sponsored by a registered Sponsor (see FAQ section for more information on Sponsors and Venues).
- Each entry must be exhibited the entire length of the show: June 26 – July 11, 2020 and may remain on display through July 25, 2020.
- Artist registration must be received by the Magic Valley Arts Council by April 25, 2020
- Venue and Sponsor matching agreements must be completed by May 15, 2020.
- Only original work is eligible for submission. The artist is responsible to ensure the work does not infringe on any third party rights. Work created from kits is not allowed.
- The artist is responsible for all transportation, set-up and removal of their entry unless other arrangements have been made with the Sponsor or Venue or Magic Valley Arts Council staff.
- The artist is responsible for liability, security, and meeting any state and local codes unless other arrangements have been worked out with the Sponsor and Venue.
- Entries from prior Art & Soul events are not allowed.
- Entries sold during the contest dates will only be available to purchasers at close of show.
- The Grand Prize Winner of Art & Soul is not eligible to enter in the immediate following year.
- Artwork may be listed for sale and will be advertised as such by the Magic Valley Arts Council if desired. Entries should not be marked or displayed with a sale price at the venue. The Magic Valley Arts Council will maintain a price list for all entries and will be responsible for finalizing any sales. Artwork entered in Art & Soul that is sold in the days leading up to the event and for 30 days after the Awards Ceremony will be subject to a 20% commission fee owed to the Magic Valley Arts Council. The commission date range for the 2020 contest is June 1 through August 1, 2020.
- Art & Soul reserves the right to use all information on imagery and documentation of the artist pertaining to the entry provided by the artist for press releases, promotional materials, displays and exhibits associated with events which may include textual, audio, or visual representation.
- General Conditions: Awards are made in the form of lump sum cash payouts, reported to the IRS. Tax liabilities (federal, state, and local taxes) are the sole responsibility of the winners. By acceptance of the prize, the winner agrees without limitation to the use of his/her name, photograph and/or likeness for publicity purposes without any additional compensation. Artist agrees to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Art & Soul producers, which are final and binding in all matters regarding this event. Artists and Venues agree that the event and its representatives, affiliates, agents, directors, officers and employees have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind relating to or arising from this event or resulting from participation in this event.